This qualification has been developed to enable learners who are particularly interested and talented in an occupational / vocational area to develop competencies as a legal secretary, which will enable them either to study further or to be employed and be productive in the sector at entry level and/or second tier level. This qualification is aimed primarily at giving the learner technical, theoretical knowledge, practical knowledge and workplace knowledge and skills required in their chosen occupational/vocational area.
National Diploma In Legal Secretary
FACULTY OF FACULTY OF EDUCATION, TRAINING & SKILLS DEVELOPMENT • SAQA ID NO. 20838 • NQF4 • 120 CREDITS • 1
Minimum: 1 Year
Learners need one of the following:
- A National Senior Certificate;
- A Senior Certificate;
- An FETC; or
- An N3 qualification in the relevant specialisation area.
N6 LEGAL SECRETARY (SAQA ID 66880)
- Legal Practice N6
- Information Processing N6
- Office Practice N6
- Computer Practice N4
After completing the N6 Certificate, students need to complete 18 months of practical experience in their area of study to obtain a National N Diploma.
N4 LEGAL SECRETARY (SAQA ID 66883)
- Office Practice N4
- Information Processing N4
- Introductory Information Processing N4
- Communication N4
- Entrepreneurship and Business Management N4
N5 LEGAL SECRETARY (SAQA ID 66959)
- Information Processing N5
- Office Practice N5
- Legal Practice N5
- Communication N5
Career Pathways for
- Successful students will gain the knowledge and skills to update,
- upskill and/or continue with education
- training in related occupations.